Sunday, March 15, 2009

Inconvenient, convenient sizzle?

I watched "An Inconvenient Truth" this weekend and it got me thinking....... poor Al Gore needs to get over his loss to Bush!( i know the movie was made in 2005) It also made me think of EARTH! I LOVE EARTH! I love the artful hand of the CREATOR when making flowers, animals, water, trees, the sky and sun and how it all works in perfect harmony allowing humans to live and thrive on a big ball floating in space! That's a BIG deal! I do believe in "global warming" NOT because Al Gore says so, an not to the degree that Al says either...however I do think that humans have been poor stewards of Earth....and why, if you are a lover of the earth are you put into some "hippie liberal" box? I love earth because it's a gift from our CREATOR, a place of beauty and life! So with that said I'm letting you in on a big secret.....my cleaning products...they are earth friendly and VERY cheap. I use baking soda for the tub, toilet and sink, then I pour vinegar over it and..... along comes the SIZZLE..... and then I scrub..Yes the vinegar stinks but if Eve comes in the bathroom while I'm cleaning I don't have to worry about her touching anything or smelling the fumes! I also use vinegar for windows and mirrors and all my counter tops!



I use Hydrogen peroxide instead of OxyClean because it's cheaper and the EXACT same thing!




This is what I use when I make laundry soap...I also put in 20 drops of lavender Essential oil.

1/2 cup washing soda

1/2 cup borax
1 bar fels naphtha

20 drops oil of your choice

All can be found at WinCo


Grate the fels naphtha in a large saucepan with 6 cups of water over med. heat, heat until soap melts. Add washing soda and borax, stir until it dissolves. Let sand for 5 min. over heat stirring occasionally. Remove from heat let stand for 5 min. Put half the mixture in a 1 gal. jug and the other half in another gal. jug (old vinegar jugs work great) fill half way with warm water and shake..fill the rest of the way with warm water and shake. Let sit for 24 hrs. It will gel up! Use 3/4 cup per-load. I think if you use these products you will be very happy with their cleaning ability and...you are making your home healthy and the planet happy!



I'm sure your wondering what this picture is! I'm doing a "give away" and if you guess right, you will win something fab...
Good luck!


Few hints


-not meat-


-you dont eat it...well some do-


-it's organic-


Yes...it's the same picture!
You have until friday!






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks like none other than, MEAT - but, since you gave us the heads-up (thx) my 2nd guess would have to be that you are dying fabric!?!?!?

Wendy Girl said...

Ok Tink...You Smarty..
Tie Dying is a great guess, but since I cant use that or the Frozen Farm animal Heart...
I am going with a piece of Chocolate (Rasp)Berry Layer cake with a cream frosting in the middle.

Wendy Girl said...

P.S.
Thanks for the soap "How to"
I think I might try it.

Wendy Girl said...

Placenta...
Your Neighbor was Birthing the other day...
Sorry for so many Posts, but after looking another time, and thinking "some Eat it"...My Lamaz teacher ate 1/2hers... Yuck...And Planted a tree on the other 1/2..

Elliotness said...

Can't wait to try your laundry soap! I gave up on making my own. I was using just borax and washing soda...and probably too much, because my clothes were fading like crazy!
OOh! this is exciting! No more spending $14.99 on 7th Generation!

Amber Strehle said...

It's (tripe) intestines..you freak of nature you. If it's your placenta I'm going to puke.

Elliotness said...

Johnna,
check out my blog! I made that laundry soap, and I am spreading the word! It is awesome. Mine was a bit thick, but nothing some more hot water and a little shake-shake couldn't fix. Thanks SO much for the recipe!