Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend fun!

This being human is a guest house, every morning a new arrival.
a joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes

as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!

Even if they are a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweep your house

empty of it's future, still treat each guest honourably.

He may be clearing you out for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice, meet them at the door laughing

and invite them in. Be grateful whoever comes, because each has been sent

guide from beyond.

-Rumi, 13th century poet



Something to think about!







This weekend was full of fun and wonderful new things, the sun was out Friday and Saturday and we went to pick up our new Turkeys, 9 of them, a Tom and a Hen and 7 baby's.

We will be butchering the baby Toms when they are full grown! We have already sold one to a guy we saw at the feed store! Jason had to clip the wings or they would try to fly.








I also made granola this weekend! I got my oats from winco in a 25lb bag for 10 bucks!



We get our milk down the road, from our neighbor, this is the real stuff folks, with the cream on top and the kiddos love it. I have been wanting to make butter with the cream, so the kiddos passed the jar around shaking it.........
Lexi, my first born.

It took about 1/2 hr..

Granger ...

and we had a bowl of yummy butter to put on the bread I had just pulled out of the oven...sooooooo good and so easy! It poured out chunky, then I spooned the chunks out into a bowl an that was it!














4 comments:

Wendy Girl said...

You have to share your granola recipe.. We eat so much, and I should make it sometime.

Amber Strehle said...

Good post:) I need your granola recipe..it looks fab:)
(Darn I was just at Winco!!)

Lateda said...

homemade butter too!!
You never cease to AMAZE me!
I think I need to come visit the farm, and bring my buff arms to shake up some butter! :)

Elliotness said...

I made my own, but I didn't squeeze all the butter milk out of it, so it got sour really fast. The butter stays fresh, but that butter milk is a fickle thing!