Monday, April 5, 2010

A day in the life.......

What a weekend! I love Easter! Thank you Jesus for dieing on the cross for my sin! With that said can I just tell you how much I dislike the Easter Bunny, I always have....bad childhood memories I guess. Our "Laying Lady's" one, not so good thing about Farm Fresh eggs is that it's very hard to peal them after being boiled....Yes I know, if you add salt to the water, or oil, or pour cold water over them right after boiling they SHOULD peel better....well that never works for me so I have 2 bowls, one for the deviled eggs and one for egg salad, the eggs that turn out"nice"are for the boiled eggs and the ones that turn out shmaggy I use for egg salad.

Well, well......here I am. The kiddos and I made these fantastic head bands with just a little moss, fake flowers, butterfly's and a hot glue gun....so much fun!

Farm Girl Johnna

3rd born Emma


So cute!


Baby Eve

Alexa 1 born, Olivia 2nd born and Eve 5th born, I know it's funny that I'm giving you their birth order but......I don't care. The girls helped me make the best potato salad I've ever had and I don't like potato salad. I got the recipe from Mary Jane's Farm Mag.


Greek Potato Salad
2/3 cup plain yogurt
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup grated cucumber
(squeeze to remove liquids)
1 garlic clove, finely minced
6 cups roasted potatoes
1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 cup black olives
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, sour cream,grated cucumber and garlic and mix well.
2. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add yogurt sauce and toss gently.
When roasting potatoes coat in olive oil, salt and pepper, cook at 400 for 30 min.


Ahhh.... Farm Fresh Milk!
My friend and neighbor raises Dexter cows. We get to enjoy her cows fresh milk which is so good for you! My family LOVES home made butter so here we go...
-spoon out all the cream off the top of the fresh milk and put it in a mason jar-

A little shaking
Strain it-

Add some honey(if you want)

Put in the fridge for about 1 hr
yummy!


We also made cupcakes!
Then after we were done in the kitchen on Saturday Jason and I jumped in the car and went to the neighbors to pick up our piglets. Yes...that is Jason holding the Pig....in my car!


Farmer Jason getting piggy out of the car! This was so fricken funny, pigs are strong and very LOUD, I thought the pig was going to break the window.


Pork is an"un clean" meat however every now and then we like to have some. I will not buy store bought meat AT ALL! So if we want bacon we have to raise some pigs!



After a hard day of cooking, baking and pig getting I decided to give the kiddos a pedicure, they worked so hard getting ready for our Easter feast they needed a little pampering.


Granger 4th born, loved it!

Sunday...


All the Farm kids ready for church-


Hope you all had a blessed weekend, we sure did. Now kick off those Sunday close and put on your muck boots and start planting!-blessings























3 comments:

Amber Strehle said...

Jason with a pig in your mini-van!! How..um..awesome?

Anonymous said...

Oh...your neighbors have Dexters? I REALLY want Dexters. I am so in love with them. ...maybe some day!

thelittlegreenschoolroom said...

Okay, so I haven't seen the baby Suttons in so long and they are all adorable! I absolutely love Lexi and Livi's haircuts! Soooooo super cute! Tell them I said so! And love Granger's buzz too! And Baby Eve is so adorable! Love all the pics of what you guys are up to on the Sutton Farm:)